Parmesan Air Fryer Zucchini | The Recipe Critic
If you have never cooked air fryer zucchini, then you are in for the tastiest treat! It’s perfectly seasoned with Italian seasonings and parmesan cheese and cooked to perfection! It makes the perfect side or appetizer that the whole family will enjoy!
I love cooking vegetables in my air fryer! It gives them the most delicious, roasted texture, and the best part is the easy clean-up! Try out this air fryer “roasted” cauliflower, this delicious broccolini, or these air fryer mushrooms that are cooked to perfection!
Air Fryer Zucchini Recipe
At this time of year, my garden and kitchen are bursting with zucchini, and I love it! There are so many zucchini recipes out there to use! I intend on using as many as I possibly can! I especially loved this air fryer zucchini, though, because… it’s so simple and easy and delicious enough that we eat it as a quick snack at home!
This recipe not only takes less than 15 minutes to make, but when you cook the zucchini in the air fryer, it turns out as if you roasted it in your oven! And I don’t know about you but cooking in my oven during the summer months is the LAST thing that I want to do! That’s when the air fryer comes to the rescue. This recipe is simple and easy side dish without even using my oven once.
Ingredients You Need to Make Zucchini in the Air Fryer
These ingredients are simple and after you have your zucchini (or pick it from your garden!) and a few spices, it’s time to put it together! Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for all of the exact ingredient measurements.
- Zucchini: Cut the medium size zucchini into ½ inch slices. You don’t have to peel it!
- Olive Oil: This helps the seasonings to stick to the zucchini.
- Italian Seasoning: You can use this from the store, or you can make it at home using this recipe!
- Parmesan Cheese: I like to grate fresh parmesan from a block of cheese, but you can use pre-shredded if that makes your life easier!
- Salt and Pepper: Add these on to enhance all of the other flavors!
How to Make Air Fryer Zucchini
This low carb recipe takes less than 15 minutes to whip up. And that includes cooking time! It’s a great veggie to cook and add to the side of any entree. Or, eat it like a snack like I do. It’s healthy and delicious!
- Toss: In a medium sized bowl add the zucchini, olive oil, Italian seasoning, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat the zucchini evenly.
- Cook: Lay the zucchini in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Cook at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes.
- Shake: Shake the basket of zucchini after 5 minutes and air fry for an additional 3-5 minutes. The zucchini will be golden and crisp on the outside when done.
Cooking recipes like this zucchini in the air fryer are easy but there are a few tips that will make it turn out absolutely perfect!
- Shake the basket: On most veggie air fryer recipes, you will want to shake your food about halfway through. This allows the food to move around and all get cooked thoroughly and evenly.
- Preheat the air fryer: Some air fryers have a preheat button, and some don’t. If yours doesn’t, turn it on to the temperature that you plan on cooking it with and turn it on for about 3-4 minutes. This will get your air fryer ready so that when you put your food in, it starts to cook immediately.
- Don’t Overlap: You want to make sure that you aren’t filling the air fryer up with layers and layers of food. It’s better to do small batches with only one layer at the bottom. They get that delicious roasted texture this way and won’t come out soggy.
- Liners: If you want an option for easy clean-up, they have liners for your air fryer! These are similar to parchment paper, but they fit the basket nicely and also go up the sides (like a large cupcake liner!). You won’t have to clean anything out once you are done. Just take it out and throw it away!
In a medium-sized bowl add the zucchini, olive oil, Italian seasoning, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat the zucchini evenly.
Lay the zucchini in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Cook at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes.
Shake the basket of zucchini after 5 minutes and air fry for an additional 3-5 minutes. Air fry until the zucchini is cooked through and golden on the outside.
Calories65kcal (3%)Carbohydrates3g (1%)Protein2g (4%)Fat5g (8%)Saturated Fat1g (5%)Polyunsaturated Fat1gMonounsaturated Fat4gCholesterol1mgSodium228mg (10%)Potassium261mg (7%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar2g (2%)Vitamin A212IU (4%)Vitamin C18mg (22%)Calcium39mg (4%)Iron0.5mg (3%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.