Podcast: Understand six changes to NAR-affiliated Multiple Listing Services in 2022
In today’s Illinois REALTORS® Podcast, Illinois REALTORS® General Counsel Betsy Urbance explains the six key changes or clarifications to existing policies of the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR)-affiliated Multiple Listing Services (MLSs).
The changes – which were recommended by the NAR’s MLS Issues and Policies Committee – are scheduled to take effect Jan. 1, 2022, and must be implemented by March 1, 2022. NAR’s Board of Directors approved the changes at its annual conference in November. MLSs owned by associations and boards of REALTORS®, as well as those that are separately incorporated but owned by one or more boards or associations of REALTORS®, are affected by the new policies, she said.
Broadly speaking, the MLS policy changes involve:
- one data source for participants
- brokerage back office feeds
- attribution of Internet Data Exchange (IDX) data and Virtual Office Website (VOW) data feeds
- display of listing brokers’ offers to buyer brokers
- services advertised as free and
- non-filtering listings
Listen to the Illinois REALTORS® Podcast.