YPN event and podcast offer productivity-boosting ideas that can reduce stress, anxiety
Many people already struggle with finding the right work-life balance. Throw in a pandemic, which forced everyone to work from home and go to school from home, and the lines separating work and home life blurred even closer together.
As things get more back to normal, there are things REALTORS® and everyone can do to promote a little more balance in their lives, Amanda Lott told Illinois REALTORS® Monday gathered for a special Illinois REALTORS® Young Professionals Network (YPN) program titled, “Achieving the Mythical Work-Life Balance.” A Memphis REALTOR®, Lott is also the 2022 Chair of the National Association of REALTORS® YPN Advisory Board.
Striking a balance can be particularly hard to do with a REALTORS®’ hectic work schedule. And when your life gets out of balance, it can cause stress, anxiety, fatigue and poor physical and mental health, Lott said.
She shared some tips for finding more balance, some that REALTORS® can incorporate at work and some at home:
- Reframe rest – Schedule down time to rest and reset
- Set goals for your real estate team – work together to schedule downtime for each person
- Negotiate for more time when needed – set reasonable deadlines for yourself
- Write out your schedule for the week
- Hire an assistant if necessary
- And finally, always be ready to evaluate, change and delegate