2022 Buick Envision Avenir: Better than Mazda CX-50?
It is not often we get competing vehicles at the exact same time here at GT: Garage Talk, but when we do we cannot help but do a little comparison. For 2023 Mazda introduced the CX-50 crossover that ups the brand’s luxurious appeal, and then we have this week’s tester in the 2022 Buick Envision Avenir. Avenir is the new top-trim, for the Buick brand, much like Denali for GMC.
While we have tested an Envision here on the channel before, we said yes to the opportunity to test out Buick’s best in the compact crossover segment. This Buick did not disappoint.
Coming in at just over $45,000, this luxury crossover had plenty to offer in a platform that was buttoned-down, rattle-free, and so smooth in many different situations from city to highway driving.
2022 Buick Envision Avenir Specs:
• 2.0L Turbo ECOTEC 4-cylinder Engine• 228 Horsepower
• 258 lb-ft of Torque
• 9-speed Automatic Transmission
• Front Wheel Drive (Available All-wheel Drive)
• 3 Drive Modes (Tour, Sport, Snow/Ice)
• Heated/Ventilated Front Leather Seats*
• Heated Rear Outboard Leather Seats*
• Seating for 5
• 2-Person Memory Driver’s Seat with 8-way Power Adjustment
• 25.2 Cubic Feet of Storage Behind Second Row
• 52.7 Cubic Feet of Storage Behind Front Row• 10.2-inch Color Touchscreen Infotainment with Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
• Head-Up Display
• Proximity Key with Push Button Start
• Power Liftgate with Handsfree Kick-to-open Feature
• 20-inch Pearl Nickel Finish Aluminum Wheels
• EPA Fuel Economy 24/31/26 (city/hwy/combined)
• Starting MSRP $39,850 (Avenir)
• Price as tested: $45,305
Watch our test of the Envision Essence Trim:
Have a unique ride we can film?
Email us at GTGarageTalk@gmail.com
Find out more about GT: Garage Talk at
Buy GT: Garage Talk merch:
Shop some of our favorite gear:
Support us on Patreon:
Get Social with Us
Listen to our Podcast:
*With dealer retrofit at a later date
#GTGarageTalk #BuickEnvisionAvenir #Avenir #EnvisionAvenir #BuickAvenir #Buick #SUV #Buick #Envision #CompactSUV #LuxurySUV #LuxuryVehicle #FamilyVehicle #FuelEconomy #FamilyCar #AppleCarPlay #AndroidAuto #NewCar #CarReview #TXAutowriters