GADs explain why tackling local issues helps REALTORS® and property owners in all parts of Illinois
In today’s video, Illinois REALTORS® Local Governmental Affairs Directors (GADs) share examples of how they faced hot-button issues that surfaced during city council, village board, county board and zoning commission meetings during recent months.
When GADs wrestle with similar issues – ones that would be detrimental to REALTORS® and property owners – they work together to succeed again and again.
Watch this recap of our successes on issues like:
- community resistance to new multifamily housing development,
- fire sprinkler requirements,
- educational impact fees,
- distribution of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds,
- restrictive local sign codes and
- taxes on Airbnb properties.